The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (ADCNR), State Lands Division (SLD), Coastal Section is accepting project suggestions to be funded through the Alabama Gulf of Mexico Energy Security Act (GOMESA) Program. The Act enhances Outer Continental Shelf oil and gas leasing activities and provides for enhanced sharing of leasing revenues with Gulf producing states, and the Land and Water Conservation Fund for Coastal Restoration projects. Authorized uses of the proceeds include:
- Projects and activities for the purposes of coastal protection, including conservation, coastal restoration, hurricane protection, and infrastructure directly affected by coastal wetland losses;
- Mitigation of damage to fish, wildlife, or natural resources;
- Implementation of a federally approved marine, coastal, or comprehensive conservation management plan;
- Mitigation of the impact of outer Continental Shelf activities through the funding of onshore infrastructure projects;
- Planning assistance and the administrative costs of complying with this section.
Details of submission are included in the ADCNR news release; submissions are by mail or in person BY JANUARY 31, 2019, at 5:00 P.M.