The Alabama Gulf Coast Recovery Council (AGCRC) is seeking project suggestions for RESTORE Act Spill Impact Component funding (Bucket 3); for information on the RESTORE Act, go to www.restorealabama.org. For potential first round funding under the RESTORE Act’s Spill Impact Component (Bucket 3), please enter project suggestion(s) into the Alabama Coastal Restoration Project Suggestion portal by September 15, 2017. If you have already entered your project suggestion on this website, it is not necessary to re-submit. You can also see what has been submitted and funded today on the portal page.
Qualifying projects must reflect at least one of the following criteria:
- Restoration and protection of the natural resources, ecosystems, fisheries, marine and wildlife habitats, beaches, and coastal wetlands of the Gulf Coast region
- Mitigation of damage to fish, wildlife, and natural resources
- Implementation of a federally approved marine, coastal, or comprehensive conservation management plan, including fisheries monitoring
- Workforce development and job creation
- Improvements to or on state parks located in coastal areas affected by the Deepwater Horizon oil spill
- Infrastructure projects that benefit the economy or ecological resources, including port infrastructure
- Coastal flood protection and related infrastructure
- Planning assistance
- Promotion of tourism in the Gulf Coast Region, including recreational fishing
- Promotion of the consumption of seafood harvested from the Gulf Coast Region.