In 2010, the Gulf of Mexico experienced the worst marine oil spill in US history. This presentation provides information on the various penalties paid by the responsible parties from 2010-2015, and how those fines will be used to restore the damage. It does not include settlements after 2015, including the Anadarko and BP settlements in 2016. For a complete breakdown of RESTORE Act penalties and payouts see US Treasury’s summary site.
- RESTORE Act Gulf Restoration Council’s Comprehensive Restoration Plan , 2016 update.
- RESTORE Act NOAA Science Program’s (Section 1604) Science Plan with long-term priorities
- RESTORE Act Section 1605 Centers of Excellence: FL RESTORE Act Centers of Excellence Program; AL Center of Excellence; MS-Based RESTORE Act Center of Excellence; RESTORE Act Center of Excellence for LA; TX OneGulf; TX Subsea Systems Institute.
- DHW Project Tracker provides a portal to projects funded by all penalties to responsible parties- https://dwhprojecttracker.org/
- NOAA summary of how all penalties were allocated- https://www.noaa.gov/explainers/deepwater-horizon-oil-spill-settlements-where-money-went